4. How to open a session?
There are 2 ways to open a session:
- From mobile app.
- From Web portal.
On the mobile app, a session is automatically opened when the first meter reading of a site is saved.
A session is automatically opened when the user uploads an excel file with meter readings.
To open a session from the web portal:
- From the main menu, click on the ‘+’ sign next to sessions, then click on open sessions.
- Click on the dropdown menu labelled Session Name.
- Click on Add New Session.
- Click on Download Template to get the template to be used for your uploads. Fill up the downloaded file and save it anywhere on your computer. The template structure should not be modified.
- Once the template is filled, click on Upload Session Data.
- Select the site and meter type, then browse for the file. Once done, click on the green Upload button.
- The upload will proceed, and an acknowledgement will be shown upon successful upload. In case of failure, the system will notify which line caused the problem and the whole file will be discarded. In this case, please repeat step 6 after correcting the invalid entry.
It is possible to merge data from both mobile & excel upload as required. In case of duplicate, the newest value will automatically overwrite the previous value.